Staying Home Leaving Violence
The Staying Home Leaving Violence service assists women who have experienced or continue to experience domestic violence to remain safely in their homes, without the violent person.
lDomestic violence can have tragic impacts on families, children and the community. It occurs in all parts of society regardless of location, socioeconomic status, age, cultural background or religious beliefs.
LCN offers the Staying Home Leaving Violence Program in Griffith and surrounds, including Leeton, Narrandera, West Wyalong, Hillston, Hay and Lake Cargelligo township, along with Wagga Wagga and Junee. This program gives women and children long-term support to address the impacts of domestic violence on your lives.
Who we can work with
- Women who are 18 years and over
- Who have separated from a violent partner
- Who are in stable accommodation
We can assist women to stay safely in their home or a home of their choice by:
- Assisting with a safety plan
- Conducting a safety audit of the residential property
- Investigating safety upgrades to maximise safety
- Court support and advocacy – Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders and Family Law Matters
- Information and referrals to other services
- Referral to counselling
- Support to continue to live free from violence
We work with families in a case management role for up to 12 months and longer if need be.
For further information please contact 02 6964 3381.
Staying Home Leaving Violence Referrals
This form is for service providers to refer those who need support with domestic and family violence in Griffith but wish to remain in their home and have the perpetrator leave.